Friday, October 17, 2008

The Fast

Today is day number three of no Diet Coke/Diet Dr Pepper. I am not in good shape.
I have decided to give them up as a part of the 40 Days of Prayer in which our church is encouraging all members to partake. We are all supposed to “fast” from something that is significant to us and use that time to pray. I think it has been beneficial in a spiritual way, but physically, I feel like garbage. Probably a good reason why I should quit.

I think though I have negated the whole “fast” thing because I am drinking more coffee now. I am actually in a coffee shop, Saxby’s to be exact. I am drinking a medium coffee with vanilla…and blogging. What have I become???

1 comment:

AW said...

I've given up my mouth. (sarcasm, gossip, negativity.) I think I'd rather give up Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke. :-(

Seriously...this is so hard!