Friday, September 26, 2008

New York


Last weekend I traveled to upstate New York with my mom to visit family and to see my parents vacation home they have been remodeling. We stayed with my Aunt Pris and had a lot of fun girl time and lots of laughs! To give you a little background, both my parents are from Jamestown, NY (near Buffalo, very far from NYC). Random fact: Jamestown is Lucille Ball's hometown. There is a really cute museum you can tour. I love Lucy! Anyways, my mom's family still lives up there so we visit all the time (her sister, and 3 brothers and my many cousins). My parents recently bought my Grandparent's house and they have been remodeling it for awhile now. Its an abosultely beautiful property on Lake Chatauqua. They gutted the kitchen and opened it up, added new floors, painted everywhere, added a bathroom, built a new fireplace and much much more. I helped clean and arrange furniture while I was there. I was totally in my element, I just love decorating! Its not done yet but its getting there. My parents have put in so much time to make this place gorgeous and to keep it in the family. I have come to this house every other Christmas since I was a little girl. I have the fondest memories with my family and sweet grandparents there. Everytime we'd arrive, my Grandmother would have the best homemade pizza and a wonderful spread of desserts. She was quite the hostess. I miss her greatly. Eventhough she is gone, her memory will live on in this house. I know my grandparents would approve of all the renovations that have been made. Thanks mom and Pris for a really fun time! Love ya'll! I will post pictures soon.

No comments: