Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My hutch!

I finally found a hutch for our dining area of the kitchen. This hutch was my aunts and she didn't want it anymore so she gave it to me! Thanks to my awesome hubby it got a fresh coat of black paint. Everything I've been painting lately has been black. Black is so modern yet so classic. Almost anything looks good black. I'm still looking for hardware to finish it off.
After the painting was finished, it was time to decorate and stage it.

Tip: When decorating a hutch or furniture piece, gather everything around your house you could use to decorate with. Set everything on a table and start creating! Many of the things on my hutch were serving pieces hidden in my kitchen cabinets. Pull out your beautiful wedding gifts and display them. Choose a color scheme. I orginally wanted my hutch all black and white. But I decided to add some silver and a splash of green. Create a focal point. My focal point here is the green platter on the middle shelf.


We still need to work on our bathroom. Could someone please tell my husband to stop working so much and help his lady out with another project! I'm sure thats why he's so busy all the time. Its just an excuse so he can get out of another idea I have!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That looks great!

Team Davis said...

It looks great!! Derek, don't work...just decorate! :)