Monday, June 8, 2009

Treating Your Windows

Window treatments can dress up a room in a flash! You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a great look! And you don't need to know how to sew! Below are a few treatments that I've done on a budget.

I had these brown treatments (from TJ Maxx) but I didn't want them to hang from a rod. So we bought rosettes from Lowes and painted them a metallic bronze. Derek screwed them into the wall. I attached brown ribbon to the top back of the treatments so they could hang on the rosettes. Ta da!!


This treatment hangs in our bathroom. I found this great fabric and trim to match. I bought a roller shade from home depot. Make sure you measure your window before buying the shade. They will cut the shade to fit the exact size of your window. Then, cut the fabric the exact size of the shade and use spray adhesive on the shade and back side of fabric. Start on one end and carefully press fabric on shade. Add trim to bottom of shade using a glue gun. Ta da!


I had these red treatments but they were not long enough for me (picture is kind of dark but you get the idea). So I searched through all my old stuff and found some old beige/green colored treatments. I ripped them up, yes I ripped them! Its easier than cutting. And used my old treatments to add length to my red ones by simply gluing them together with my glue gun. Then I stole an idea from the nester - Love her!! I used her idea of hanging my treatments from upholstery tacks and drapery clips. This is so inexpensive compared to buying a rod. Ta da!


Closer picture of part of the window


Happy decorating!

4 comments:

AW said...

Lauren, you MUST come to my house and HELP ME! We've been there for...um...6 years this month and all three of my bedrooms still have those cheapy white pull-down shades with NOTHING else. I am so terrified of doing the wrong window treatment, that I've done nothing at all. They're an expensive mistake to make, so I just let my neighbors see me walk around nekkid.

Okay...I don't really (what a horrifying thought!), but I definitely need someone to give me direction. LOL...

TeamBortzfield said...

Lauren, Loving it! I've added length like that to a shower curtain too. I like it to hit the floor.

The Kennedy's said...

I am with AW. Seriously, I think it's fear that I might do it wrong or that it will look bad or something. So creative. love it!

Christian Family said...

YOU are AMAZING!!!
Seriously...when we move to our next home...I might have to hire you to come HELP ME!!!
GOD has BLESSED you with an AMAZING TALENT!!!