Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My TJ Maxx experience

This past weekend I ventured out to one of my favorite stores, TJ Maxx. I was with my mom and sister and her friend. As always, I found a perfect new accessory for my home. So after I paid for this beauty and started for the door, I was approached by four teenagers. They proceeded to ask me if they could pray over me. They told me they were part of a ministry that was traveling around the community and praying for strangers. I was wearing a bright yellow shirt and they said I stuck out to them because of the cheery color I was wearing. My first reaction was hesitant because I was completely taken back by this act of kindness and honestly a little uncomfortable. Then I thought about it and I couldn’t reject a fellow Christian or prayer for that matter. So these random guys prayed over me inside of TJ Maxx with tons of people watching (it was a Saturday afternoon, probably the busiest time of the week). I’m not going to lie, it was a little awkward and I would never have the guts to do this. But I was proud of these four guys for being such wonderful servants of our Lord Jesus. I was completely humbled by the experience. Has this ever happened to you or have you been on the other side and reached out to a complete stranger?

Thank you Jesus for revealing yourself to me this weekend. I pray that you would use me in the same way you are using these teenagers and I pray for you to bless their lives.

2 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

Wow! That is some powerful stuff!!

Albus Adventures said...

It used to happen to be at Baylor but it wasn't praying for me as much as witnessing to me. I always thought, "maybe I don't look very Christiany". I'm sure that wasn't the case with you. They probably saw you and thought what a bright sweet friendly girl, I bet she'd be encouraged by some intercession.