Thursday, April 9, 2009

New York City!

Warning: lots of pictures ahead!

If you had told me a few weeks ago that we'd be going to NYC, I wouldn't have believed it. We were so blessed by this trip! God knew that we needed some away time and He provided! It still feels like a dream that we were there. It was so cool to see our Baylor Bears play in Madison Square Garden. What a treat! When Derek didn't have to work, we had time to see some sights and we walked everywhere! One of my favorite parts of our trip was touring Radio City Music Hall. I've always wanted to dance on that stage as a Rockette but I think this is as close as I'm going to get. We also were able to snag half price tickets to "Mamma Mia!" Awesome show! Since most of our evenings were dedicated to the Baylor games we didn't have much time for dining at nice restaurants. But we did manage to go to Serendipty for lunch. Such an adorable place! We also ate in Trump Tower and strolled down 5th Avenue. We stayed right in Times Square which was the perfect location. I am in love with this City! Enjoy the many pictures below!

After we arrived, we went straight to Rockefeller Center


Infront of Radio City


Waiting to send off the basketball team


On our way to the first game


Our view of the game, we had seats on the floor!


Derek infront of Dave Letterman with his coffee that he purchased from Ruppert around the corner


The Lobby of Radio City. One word: Gorgeous!


Inside the women's bathroom of Radio City. We toured the men's and the women's restroom - also gorgeous! The walls of the women's restroom were filled with paintings of the history of cosmetics.


Me and Derek with a Rockette


Infront of the cutest little restaurant ever! This inspires me to watch the movie again.


Look at that chandelier!


Our frozen hot chocolate, de-lish!!!!




Yummy cupcakes from Crumbs. Does anyone watch Celebrity Apprentice? The two cupcakes on the top row in the middle were from this seasons show.



Derek had to have his picture in front of NYSE


Beautiful Central Park



Mamma Mia!


This is as close as we got to the Statue of Liberty!


The final game


Derek and Knute


On our flight home, we had an over-the-top flight attendant. For some reason we were his favorite and he gave us this barf bag filled with goodies - we couldn't decided if this gesture was super duper sweet or kinda creepy?!

4 comments:

TeamBortzfield said...

L. I 've been checking your blog every day patiently waiting for your pics. It looks fabulous- really makes me want to go again. How could you not be the cutest couple on any flight. LOVE IT!

The Mills Gang said...

I loved living vicariously through you guys! Love all the pics! So, I'm dying to know--what exactly were the "goodies" this flight attendant gave you???

AW said...

I agree - how could you guys NOT be the cutest couple! I think "awww" everytime I see you!

NY is my fave city ever. Love that place! So glad you got to go.

Ashley Franks said...

So fun!!! Looks like you had a great trip!!!