Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chandeliers don't have to be girly!

I have been on a mission to have a chandelier in the nursery. But Big D thought they were girly so I finally convinced him and he actually really loves the way it turned out. Don't doubt the designer! He just couldn't envision it. Now Big D wants to spend all his time in Little D's room. Last night we finished Little D's cute chandelier. We painted it red and I added little shades to the lights. I covered the shades with cow print fabric and glued ribbon to the edges to finish it off. I'm delighted with the end result. Big D even added a dimmer so we can have mood lighting, ha! We still have a few more projects to go. To be continued...

6 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

ADORABLE! Love it! Good job!!

Albus Adventures said...

LOVE it!

The Rowe Crew said...

SUPER cute!! Love it! Scott put one of those dimmer switches on too and now the room light and closet lights won't work at the same time. Hmmm!?! Maybe Dered could give him some pointers. And I LOVE that you're calling them Big D and Little D...PRECIOUS!

Tiffany said...

SUPER, super cute! Great job!

Team Davis said...

Love the manly chandlier!!! :) I think Dean will like it as much as Big D! :)

TeamBortzfield said...

perfect! Can't wait to see it all come together, good job little mommy!