Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Create an Easter wreath!

Geo mesh is my new best friend! Its so fun to work with. I use it on tables, my mantel and now on wreaths. It can be hard to find. I had to order it but I did see it at Hobby Lobby recently in many different colors. I think I'll make a wreath for every season with this wonderful stuff!

If you'd like to see how I made it, keep reading. Otherwise this might bore you.



I started out with these items: Geo Mesh, ribbon, egg picks, a few stems of silk flowers, egg garland, wooden chick, wreath (not shown)



I bought a straw wreath because it was the cheapest option. You could also use a foam wreath. I wrapped the wreath with green tulle. Any kind of ribbon will do.



Make sure you have a bag of floral pins. These help the mesh keep the ribbon in tact. Use these to secure the mesh to the wreath as well.



Now its time to add the mesh. I started at the bottom and worked my way around. Secure the mesh to the wreath with a floral pin, then bunch it up a little and secure another pin (I left a few inches inbetween each pin, but it looks even better when you bunch them up right next to each other). Repeat all the way around.



This is the finshed product but this picture does not do it justice. I glued the ribbon and egg garland to the wreath first. Then I stuck in the flower stems and egg picks. Next I glued the cute little chick to the center and added the bow to the bottom to cover up where I cut my mesh.

What fun Easter projects have you created?

11 comments:

Team Davis said...

Beautiful Lauren!! I love it!!

Allison Campbell said...

You are SO creative! I knew this when Katie showed me a picture of all the crafty things you've done in your office! :) Hope you are doing well!!

Amy said...

I LOVE it! It looks amazing! I seriously wish we could have a monthly craft night! You are so talented!

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

So cute!

pompom said...

You have got a nice blog site..

Anonymous said...

If you have the POLO T-Shirts For Men, certainly will bring in the look which will many envy, simply challenges others' nerve. Gentleman's shirt has also joined the fashion world, no longer was the before stereotypical face. The attractive sharp cotton and kapok adds the silk lining, the soft comfortable cotton and kapok hemp lining, the ever POLO Sweaters For Men lining design style and so on builds a Polo for women polot with many colors fashionable POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men world.
In the work and social occasion's man hoped that mold graceful, grave, amiable own image, that should choose the quality of material excellent, to work the elegant sex-linked long sleeve for women true thing shirt, but these soft POLO Shirts For Men, gorgeous, the personalized shirt should keep in the leisure situation to polo shirt.

Elizabeth said...

cute project!

jeremy said...

Nice to see some good improvements here.
phoenix self storage

new outlook said...

Office 2010 makes it Microsoft Office Standard 2010 simple so that you can continue being effective on the go by supplying access to your workplace papers plus records everywhere you look through the Web browser, laptop or computer, or maybe mobile phone.Changes inside Office 2010 make it easier to attain your Microsoft Outlook 2010 download work a lot more with ease, to help you to target the job currently happening and create greater outcomes. Microsoft Outlook 2010

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Nice interpretation!
flooring florida

Unknown said...

Such a cute blog and child, thanks for sharing
Stainless Steel Planters