Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Goodbye Dear Friend

Yesterday, I was forced to end a relationship that had lasted fifteen years; a relationship that challenged and empowered me for so many years with unwavering dependability; a relationship that now lay in pieces.

I should have seen this coming years ago, but in many ways I chose to ignore the signs that were so apparent of wear and deterioration. We had been though both thick and thin so many times that I took for granted the effort and skill that it took from us both to work together to cut it.

In the end, perhaps it was my lack of nurture and care that led to this point, but I can’t ignore the blood, sweat, and the tears I shed over what has become. I have poured so much energy in to the life of our relationship over the years that was used up so quickly, and now rejected.

With what has transpired, I find it too difficult to repair what is broken and start again. The physical pains are just too unbearable.

Goodbye dear Craftsman Gold 6.0. You were the best lawnmower a boy could ever have.

-Derek

4 comments:

Katie @ The Campbell's said...

the invitations must be beautiful and complete! ;) good bye dear friend!!

Team Davis said...

Stephen liked your post Derek!

Matt said...

I came to this blog through the magic of the 'next blog' button. I read your post and really felt your pain, knowing what it is like to lose a friend... and then I saw the end. Well done, sir. Well done indeed.
+1 internets to you.

Anonymous said...

Look how I do things www.workandgetmoney.com