Friday, October 9, 2009

Polka-dots and Bows

I'm finally getting a little more energy back and have been able to do a few little projects around the house. I think I've added a bow or polka-dots to almost everything I can get my hands on! If we have a little boy, he will have polka-dots somewhere in his room. I just can't help myself, but he will not be a girly boy - I promise! Derek will not allow it!


Used some ribbon to dress up my glass jar

Derek painted this antique lamp black that was my grandmothers. Then I painted white polk-dots on the shade. I think its pretty cute! Old meets new. I love turning old things into something unexpected. You could probably find something like this at a garage sale and completely transform it.

This is my cute little lamp I found at Ross. I just added some polka-dot ribbon. Its in our updated bathroom. Still working on the bathroom. Will have another post on that!

I added the ribbon and the wooden pumpkin to my wreath. I just thought it needed something extra - Can you tell that I painted polk-dots on the pumpkin??


These are my favorite! I bought a package of assorted small pumpkins at Kroger. Then I added black polka-dots to the pumpkin with a paint pen. I also added little ribbons to the stem (hard to see). They look really cute on our mantel.

Thats all folks! Happy Fall Ya'll!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very cute! I like polka dots, and I found a cute (I think) bedding set for our son that has polka dots on it that isn't 'girlish.' Austin approved at least. :) It can be done! I think y'all will have a girl, though... just saying!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

super cute! love polka dots!

I think we need a belly pic!

Gibsy said...

Love the polka dots!! They are so cute!!

TeamBortzfield said...

good job Lauren! Missed you today hope to see you tonight!