Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Suite Life of Derek

Derek here again...

After reading the previous post by Lauren, I feel inclined to offer to you my abiding feelings toward another one of Lauren’s “favorite” shows. It is the most recent addition to her vast television show repertoire that already includes such hits as “90210,” “Ruby,” “The Bachelor,” and many, many more. Yes, it is the Disney Channel classic, “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.”

This show grates on my nerves more than anyone could ever know, which I think is one of the underlying reasons why my precious wife loves it so much. For those of you who have the pleasure of not being familiar with this program, here is a brief synopsis from what I have gathered:

Two twin boys, with really bad haircuts, run amuck in the hotel in which they live. Their mother sings in the hotel lounge and leaves the actual child-rearing duties to very haughty, yet under-experienced hotel manager named Mr. Moseby. The boys, who are apparently unusually smart given their ability to conceive, produce and run various business ventures (as well as robots), are constantly scheming and usually find themselves in mischievous predicaments, but always learn a great and morally uplifting message in the end.

Perhaps I haven’t given this show as much of a chance as I should. Maybe I don’t understand the greater good and morality that this show is trying to promote. Maybe through the experiences and actions of these boys there is something to be cherished and loved….or not. I just don’t get that. See for yourself everyday at 7/6c on the Disney Channel!

3 comments:

AW said...

I'm right there with ya buddy! Cannot stand even the weekly trailers of that show. Blech!

Now "Ruby" is a different story! We're talking major enlightening, inspirational, get-off-your-butt and-do-something-worthwhile-in your-life-and-quit-griping type of drama. I love her! If Ruby can have the courage to face her demons, then anyone can!

Team Davis said...

Derek...you know The Bachelor and 90210 are great shows! It's ok to admit it. :)

TeamBortzfield said...

I heard on Regis and Kelly that they're making a new show with Z&C on board a ship run by the same hotel. I know you'll be watching!